I used my Soft Spike Curlers to set my hair. Talk about instruments of torture. I made the mistake of sleeping in these, and they are just as uncomfortable as they look.
But they give a very nice set. The curls are softer than the perm rod set that I did last week.
I must say that I am really loving my hair now. It took me two weeks to be able to say this, but I am now excited about my hair. The true test came this week, when I went on a business trip to Trinidad. When I travel, I usually pack all my hair paraphernalia, which includes oil and moisturizer, brush, comb clips etc. And this has become very difficult since 9/11, where you are now severely limited by the volume of gels and liquids that you can carry with you.
This time, I packed nothing pertaining to my hair. It was a very liberating experience. All I did when I got up in the mornings was to wet my hands with water and gently fluff up the squashed down locks. They sprung right up and I was ready to go. Fabulous!
My girls now tell me that they love my hair.
1 comment:
I told you to give it time. Your locks are really filling it now and look wonderful. You have an interesting journey ahead. Continue to enjoy. :)
Post a Comment