Monday, April 20, 2009

DIY Retightening

Being an avid do-it-yourselfer, I have been itching to learn how to re-tighten my own hair. I have been wonderfully inspired by Kalia Dewdrop and her lovely hair, and I decided that if she can do it, then so can I. Hee Hee! I really cracked myself up with this one. The task of doing my own retightening was definitely more difficult than I thought it would be.

I bought a Nappy Lock tool, and got going with the retightening. I spent an entire Saturday on my hair, and I managed the front really well. The back however, was a different story. I couldn’t see properly and was more than a bit apprehensive to tackle it. So I left it alone. I had my hair retightened by my consultant a few days after my own attempts, and she found nothing to complain about. She actually said I did a good job with it. Well, I am more than a little puffed up and pleased with myself about this. So, I am encouraged to try the back next time around. I am beginning to relax a little about my hair now that I do not feel that I am entirely at the mercy of my consultant.

I am feeling so positive about this that for my next appointment with my consultant, she will come back in another seven weeks, rather than 4 weeks. Within that time, I plan to retighten my entire head. How’s that for confidence? Will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! So proud of you. I want to go that route too. Did you grasp the procedure quickly enough from the video? Where did you buy your NL tool?

CaribSun said...

N'drea, I have been watching Curly Locks carefully, and she does a reverse 4 pattern on my hair. I watched Kalia-Dewdrop's video as well as several others on YouTube, and I got the hang of it.

I bought the tool on the internet. The website is http://nappy-n-happy.stores.yahoo.net/drto3.html

JUST Euphoria said...

congrats I just love dewdrop she has inspired a whole lot of us to DIY, looks good.

Anonymous said...

Your hair has def grown!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on taking steps to become a DIYer too. :)