Here is a picture taken a few days ago before re-tightening. It is very fuzzy and is looking a bit untidy.
Yesterday, I had it re-tightened. Here is a picture after re-tightening, washing and setting. Looking and feeling much better.
My consultant is pleasantly surprised at the rapid growth of my hair. She is also urging me to braid and band when I wash. I stopped doing this months ago, when I found it to be too much of a chore. Since she asked me to do this yesterday when I was feeling tired and grumpy, after sitting for 5 hours getting my hair done, my immediate response (in my head) was "She has got to be kidding me".
Today, I am well rested and in a much better mood, so I am considering it. I have already been cussed by N'Drea and JaStu for not braiding and banding, and for committing all sorts of other sins, so I know all the arguments for braiding and banding. But, grrrrrrr, it really drives me nuts.
For the most part, my hair is very far along in the locking process, but there are a few areas which are steadfastly refusing to lock. In fact, along my hair line in the front, the short length plus the texture of my hair in this area is such that the locks won't even stay in place. Some of them completely unravel by the time the next re-tightening is due.
I still get lots of compliments on my hair, which is very encouraging, and the people who see me fairly infrequently are astounded by the rapid growth that they observe each time they do see me.
The gray hair at the front is beginning to drive me crazy. I don't think I want to colour them though. I am just afraid that I will have to colour forever and ever if I start.
5 comments:
Hey Carib,
Your looking good as always, well I am a year old Happy Birthday to me. You should be able to use semi-permanent color now, I used it up until last month at which my consultant told me I can do permanent color now. I was oh so happy because the gray was killing me I know your pain and after a few washes the semi was gone in two weeks.
Hang in there we can beat the gray as long as there's semi/permanent color. LOL
Missed hearing from you. So glad that your locks are doing so well and growing so beautifully.
Your hair is adorable. I also hated the whole braiding and banding thing and didn't do it for long. I never discussed my decision to stop with my consultant and didn't have many problems. When I did, she just used another locking technique. What I find amazing now is that my "baby hair" around my edges has grown in longer and thicker, and my consultant put in 4 babies which have never been B&B and they have not come loose at all (curious). My point is, if she thinks you are doing what you are supposed to do, she will use another locking technique on your hair. I think they get comfortable doing one technique. Maybe you can compromise and just B&B the areas that are a problem...or tell her you are and force her hand to use another locking technique. Good Luck!
Your locks asre looking gorgeous.
Wow time flies, your locks continues to look gorgeous, yes I see the growth! Keep it up!
Post a Comment