Tuesday, September 28, 2010

22 Months

Today is my 22 month anniversary of lockdom.  I am still happy with my decision to get locks and so far I have had no regrets. In fact, I think that I am now more or less over the more difficult, early part of the lock journey. Getting through this tough stage was a learning experience for me and I think I am a stronger, more confident person for having gone through it.


For a couple of months I have been feeling like my hair has not been growing much.  Maybe I am mistaken, or maybe not.  Perhaps the rate of growth has slowed down a bit. On the other hand, my hair has become immensely annoying at night, when it gets in my face while I sleep. Ha! I didn't think I would ever live long enough to say that!  One thing that pleases me is that I can now do an up-do using a hair band.
 The up-do looks nicer when my hair is curled, but it works out just fine even when my hair is not curled.  Finally, some versatility!!
Here is a picture of just-curled hair. This was taken just before my re-tightening. You can see lots of new growth at the front.

Right now I have a dry, scaly patch of scalp at the front of my head.  I am not quite sure why this is happening, and I am not sure what to do about it.  Maybe I will try some dandruff shampoo. Can anyone recommend anything will be easy to wash out and that wont get stuck in my locks?

2 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

No recommendations from me!Just wanted to say 'loving the locs!'

JUST Euphoria said...

Happy lockversary!! your hair looks lovely I think we all go through that phase of my hair dont look like it's growing, you ought to try slepping with a silk or stain bonnet on or puting it up in a high ponytail at night, the lenght mine is it urks me to have it on my face but I love the length especially when it's curled