Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


I am so happy to be nominated for this award.  Thanks very much to the lovely Love, Life & Locks for nominating me.  She is such an inspiration.  You should check out her blog, if you haven't done so already.


The Stylish Blogger Award Rules
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

So,  7 things about myself.  Hopefully these are things that are new to you:

1.  I love to cook and entertain and I love to try new recipes.   
2.  I go to the gym........ahem....let me re-phrase that...........I try to go to the gym three days a week.  I hate exercise, but the health benefits are immeasurable.  Plus the exercise allows me to indulge my sweet tooth.  shhhhh! don't tell that to my trainer.
3.  I started a vegetable garden this year, and it has been a very rewarding experience.  I have tomatoes, cucumbers, callaloo (Spinach).  Gungo peas (pigeon peas) are coming up. Every time food prices go up, I get inspired to grow my own food.
4.  I am not averse to getting a tattoo.  If I decided to get one, I would do something small on my hip, at a place not visible when wearing regular clothes.
5.  I no longer sweat the small stuff.  After my father died at the age of 69, it really struck me that life is short, and precious, and I made a conscious decision to enjoy life to the fullest. I work hard, play hard and love with all my heart.  I love my family, and I tell them.  I love my friends and I tell them. I love my God and I worship him.
6.  I don't buy cheap shoes or clothes anymore.  It is better to have one good pair of leather shoes, that are kind to your feet and will last for years, than to have 4 pairs of cheap shoes that hurt your feet and give you corns and callouses.
7.  I love to travel.  It is good to get out of your own zone and see how other people live.  If nothing else, it makes you appreciate what you have even more.

Here are my nominees:

1.  BlaqKofi  She is such a queen.  Her hair blog has inspired me more than she will ever know.
2.  Locrocker  Her blog is bright and colorful and just plain entertaining.
3.  Love, Life & Locks  This is one really cool lady, who has gone through major hair loss, and she has handled it with such grace and style.
4.  Thandi is my South African online friend.  I love her stories on life and raising kids in a culture that is in many ways different from my own.
5.  And the lovely Dewdrop, who is an awe-inpriring do-it-yourselfer. 
6.  Euphoria.  Love her hair and her blog.
7.  Karen has an amazing blog.  Beautiful. Colourful.  Inspiring photos.
8.  Chescalocs has gorgeous locks, and a very interesting video blog.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog and for being so suportive!! I really appreciate it. :-)

Karen
Naturally Beautiful Hair Blog
http://naturalhairbeauty.blogspot.com/

Bajan Lily said...

Vegetable garden eh? That's fantastic - how do you keep the (bad) bugs away? I had some herbs once and the slugs gobbled them up!

You sound just like my hubby re: cheap shoes and clothes. He just won't do it anymore. You definitely pay for what you get and he likes his (our) things to last :)

Good luck with the gym - you can do it!

JUST Euphoria said...

AWW! thanks for nominating me I feel honored & asahamed cause I don't post as often as I should, thanks for the love & support

z said...

Thank you for nominating me. You're so sweet!