Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy 3 Year Anniversary!

Tomorrow will make three years since my locks were installed.  The three years have passed by remarkably quickly, with very few bad hair days during the period.  I still get compliments on my hair, and I still have no regrets about my decision to get locks.

I only wish I knew how to style my hair with a greater variety of styles. There is a lot of information available on the internet, including some very useful Youtube tutorials, but I guess I just have not taken the time to learn.  All in good time.

I wash my hair once a week with White Rain Shampoo, and I condition with Pantene or Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat Conditioner.  These thick creamy conditioners are not usually recommended for locks, and with good reason.  If you don't wash the conditioner out properly you can get buildup in your locks.  So I am very careful about rinsing the conditioner out, but it is worth it, because these conditioners make my hair feel so good.


Locks at day 1

Locks at Year 3

8 comments:

Kareen said...

Happy loc-anniversary! Your locs are so long and full - looking good :)

Pebbles said...

What progress. Your hair is very lovely. Don't stress about different styles.

Locksie C said...

Happy loc anniversary. Your hair looks beautiful as it is.

CaribSun said...

Thank you my friends for your very kind comments.

Lynneedee said...

Your locs are beautiful

Lyn

Britlocs said...

Congratulations. I was in jamaica last week (for one week only) and hoped that we could have had lunch and discussed all things 'locked).

Your hair looks gorgeous. Happy anniversary.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

happy thirdversary ;-) Looking good. Matches your radiant face.

z said...

Look at all that growth! Happy 3 years my dear!