Well the summer is indeed in full swing, what with the sudden afternoon rain storms which breaks the sweltering heat. My hair has now grown long enough to feel very hot against my neck, so for the last couple of weeks I've been mostly wearing it in a pony tail. Yes, I can now call it a pony tail, instead of a pony puff. Ha! Ha!
When I want an easy crinkly look, I lightly spritz my hair with water before going to bed, and plait it in four big plaits. Because it is so hot, it dries easily overnight. In the morning I pull out the plaits and finger comb. This is the result.
I have also been using black castor oil on my scalp on a regular basis, in the hopes of thickening up the thin spots. The hair right at the top of my head is so very thin. And the thinness becomes painfully obvious when I get a retightening done. I guess there isn't much that I can do about this, besides creative styling and praying for a miracle. The other "complaint" I have with my hair is that the hair at the back has a texture which makes my locks loosen and unravel really quickly. Even after 3 and a half years of being locked, these locks at the back are not truly locked up yet. Weird huh? I wonder if they ever will?
I have decided to stop covering my grays for a while. Hopefully forever. I'm not sure if I am ready to embrace all the gray hairs at the front of my head, but the colouring process is very drying, and it is really tough on my hair. Each time I colour my hair, it takes a couple of weeks for it to recover from the extreme dryness that occurs. Hope I can live with the ever increasing quantity of grays!
Happy summer holidays everyone. Stay safe. Keep cool.
1 year ago

3 comments:
Hi,
Why not try henna/indigo on your locs instead of commercial dyes? Mehandi.com is very reputable site for all things henna - it's where I get mine. Though I do not use indigo (I prefer the red highlights rather than very dark hair), you can find plenty of testimonials online of loc wearers who swear by indigo for covering grays/enhancing dark locs.
Anyway, your hair looks wonderful. All the best to you.
Thanks M. I have never even heard of indigo for covering up gray hair. I will certainly check it out.
You look beautiful CaribSun! & yes ma'am those locks sure do get hot around the neck area here in TX my stayed up 24/7! I had to stop coloring to made my hair thinner at the end of the day all I want is a healthy head of hair
Post a Comment