Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dry Hair Fix

So after reading a couple of blogs where some of my locked friends have unlocked their hair and discovered very dry and damaged hair, I have decided to really go all out to make sure my hair is well conditioned and moisturized.  The downside to conditioning my hair, is that I have more slippage, especially around the edges.  However, I am willing to live with this.  Here is a picture of my freshly washed and conditioned hair.


Here's another pic of me out at dinner with my fading soft spike set


Locks at the beach in August, and in desperate need of retightening

5 comments:

Ashanti said...

Wow!! your hair is too gorgeous. Around how many soft spikes do you use to get your hair looking like that

JUST Euphoria said...

Hey Caribun! your are beautiful as always they match your beautiful smile!! I am so enjoying my new look, but I do miss my locks to, but I have no regrets, so for now I am pressing forward

CaribSun said...

Thank you my friends. Ashanti, I use about 30 of the medium size soft spikes. I put fairly small sections of hair on each spike, so that my hair will dry overnight. Euphoria, I am so grateful to you for sharing this part of your journey.

Lush Locs said...

Your locks are looking good. I have not used any conditioner in my locs other than the SL Moisturizer. After reading your post about conditioning and slippage around the edges, I thought maybe it would be better to focus the conditioner on the shaft since that's the older hair that needs more moisture. I haven't tried it yet but perhaps this idea would work for you.

CaribSun said...

Great idea Lush Locs. Thanks!