Sunday, February 24, 2013

2nd Generation of Locks

I can't believe that we are at the end of February already. This first quarter is blowing by very fast it seems to me. There's nothing new or exciting with my hair. It continues to grow and do its thing. I have two concerns at the moment. One is lint. This lint thing drives me crazy and I spend a fair amount of time every week trying to pick the lint out of my hair. Whether I cover my hair or not, lint gets trapped in my hair. The second concern is the ends of my locks have changed to a light brown colour, and I think it looks a bit odd. I don't really want to colour my hair again, as the treatment is much too harsh for my hair.


My older daughter (she is almost 14) told me the other day that she is ready to get her Sisterlocks installed. I was rather pleased about this, because several of her friends have recently had their hair relaxed. And they do look very nice. I was hoping and praying that my kid would not want to get a relaxer too. Well it seems that all the time spent expounding the benefits of working with our natural hair has paid off.  She got her test locks put in last week. In another week or so she will get her locks installed. I hope she will love her locks as much as I love mine.

Now my younger daughter who is just 11, is also begging to get locks installed. I think I prefer (and so does my pocket) that she waits until she is a little bit older.

2 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Oh the lint!! Talk about irritating!! My dear husband tries to catch up with mine but it just doesn't happen. But in the greater scheme of things, it's not a problem at all! We can live with it I'm sure! :-)

Titus 2 Thandi said...

PS. And woohoo to your girl for choosing the road less travelled too!Hope she enjoys the journey.