Thursday, May 13, 2010

Essential Oils

I really enjoy reading other people's hair blogs. I have learned so much, while being thoroughly entertained.  Well, I have recently been reading about glycerin and essential oils. And, can I tell you, I am intrigued.  So I went to the Health Food Store and bought some pure vegetable glycerin and some lavender oil.
Glycerin is a humectant, which means that it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. And the lavender essential oil just smells heavenly. I got my old, faithful plastic spray bottle, which I think holds about 10 ounces.  I added about two teaspoons of the glycerin, and about 10 drops of the lavender oil. I then filled the bottle with water.  I didn't fill it all the way.  I left enough space to be able to really give the mixture a good shake.  Then I gave my hair a good spritz.  It smells AMAZING! The smell just really lifted my spirits. And my hair feels nice and soft.  I hope that this glycerin mixture lives up to all the hype over the long haul.



This is what my hair looked like minutes after spritzing.

3 comments:

NESSessary said...

I love essential oils and vegetable glycerin, they are the best! Plus, they last for a long time. I had a large bottle of glycerin that lasted for 2 years. I doubt essential oils would last that long because they do eventually have an expiration date, but they still last for at least 6 months to a year. Either way, you definitely will be getting your money's worth!

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Aww, your locs are maturing!Seems like only yesterday they were babies and now they're thick, sniff sniff:) Enjoy the EO's.I'm not going back.They're my best friend!

rizzio♥ said...

i like very much your hair :) is natural and cute, one question in jamaica you have a lot of products for afro hair?
congrats for the blog