Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A New Beginning?

It seems that my consultant will be out of commission for a long period of time, so I found myself a new consultant, and I had my hair re-tightened today. It hadn't been done professionally since the beginning of April, so it felt really good afterwards. My new consultant did a really good job and she completed the re-ti in record time - 2.5 hours. She also groomed my locks by clipping off the fuzzies and cutting off the balls from the ends.  My hair looks so much neater now.

She shocked me by asking if I would consider taking down my locks and starting all over again. Huh??  She said that my parts are not straight (this is no surprise to me), some of the partings are not square and that some of my locks are too big.  Wow!!  I sat and thought about this for about 20 minutes, then decided that I would live with the imperfections.  The thought of the expense, the time, and just the idea of starting all over again.........not worth it just to have perfect looking hair.  What would you do if given this choice? I am interested to hear your opinions.

I ordered a hair tie from Tomoka's Twists, and it arrived in the mail today.  I love, love, love it!!

The one thing that I cannot stand when my hair is re-tightened is the scalpy look.....ugh!

8 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

I know for a fact I would not start over I love my locks & I have plenty of imperfections, I think thats why I would never try to DIY again I am one that pays close attention to detail& I spent way to much time trying to correct locks only to do more damage & I love the hair tie

Nubian1 said...

START OVER!!!

Gotta be joking....that is the beauty of locks, they are gonna do what they gotta do, whether the lines are straight or not.

Gosh what a palavar. Glad you decided not to go with the suggestion. = )

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I think your locks look fine. I was thinking about starting over for about 3 years now, lol. However I'm learning to deal with my imperfections. Whose to say that they will not come again? Anyhow whatever you decided think long and hard before you make your final choice.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

I'd also not start again.My locs are the model of imperfection and at the end of the day,I don't care.As long as my hair's still natural, low maintenance, I'm ok.As long as YOU'RE ok with what you see when you look in the mirror,we're ok too!Esp cos what I'ms eeing from here is beauty!

Livvy said...

Your locks look superb and for the record, I definitely would not start over again!
Hoping to come to Jamaica again August time so it would be great to catch up. I haven't updated my blog since November so as I'm approaching my 1yr mark I'll do it.

You look gorgeous as always

z said...

When my locks were installed some of my parts were not straight, not square and some were too big (bigger locs in the front and smaller ones in the back, but I guess my density plays a role too). This was my third set of SLs and I decided to just keep them. I went back and fixed the jumbo ones in the front (of all places) and made several smaller locs out of them (I have pics. on my blog).

I'm glad you kept yours because it would have been too much work to remove them. Your locks look great, but if they looked like fake SLs then I would definitely have them redone (that was the case for me).

Anonymous said...

"decided that I would live with the imperfections"
That is my choice as well. Yes I have larger locks in the back (especially since someone else braided the back, I could not see).
I tried my best to do a perfect square grid, but by row five from ear to the top, my rows started going diagonal. Who knows what the future will bring anyway?
OH, BTW, your hair looks nice, very nice!!!
take care

CaribSun said...

Thank you everyone for validating my decision. It is good to have some sisterly support on this.