Saturday, October 2, 2010

Relief

As I mentioned earlier this week, I have a dry, scaly and itchy patch on my scalp.  In fact, my entire head has been very itchy.

I decided to try good old Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo.  It worked really well.  After just one shampoo, the itchiness has calmed down completely.

After a week of torrential rainfall that has caused much property and infrastructural damage and some very unfortunate deaths,  the rain seems to have abated.  This morning it is just drizzling.  I hope the sun comes out again soon.  I offer a prayer for all the families that are grieving this morning.  Property damage is one thing, but when your family members die because of a collapsed building, that is a whole other nightmare.

This sort of tragedy really puts things into perspective.  I realize that my complaining about a leaky roof and wet spots in my house really sounds whiny and pathetic, When you think about families who are wondering where they are going to live, and how are they going to feed their children, after this devastating storm.

It is very humbling.

1 comment:

Livvy said...

Hi
Just stopped by your blog today.
My Dad told me about the storm, I had no idea of its devastating effects. You're quite right about us being mindful of the plight of others.

Your locks are looking great