Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodbye Greys!!

Today is the day that I said goodbye to my grey hairs.  I have had enough of them.  These bad puppies had to go.  My pharmacy-purchased attempts at colouring them didn't work well.  So it was time to pull out the big guns.  I made an appointment at the salon and got my hair professionally coloured.  The lady who did my hair has beautifully coloured locks herself, so I figured she must know what she is doing.  I didn't want any fancy colour today.  All I wanted was to cover the grey.

I asked her to match my hair colour. She actually went a little darker than my natural colour, but I like it very much.  Then she asked me if I wanted a deep conditioning treatment, because my hair felt dry.  I said "sure, why not?!"  Well, she used Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat for Very Dry Hair.  She slathered it on, put a steam cap, and I sat under the hairdryer for about 15 minutes

This product smells absolutely divine.  I have to go and look for some to use at home.  It felt so good to have someone else take care of my hair.  I have not had someone else wash my hair in about 4 years.  I promise to treat myself to this salon thing every now and then.  My hair really feels nice.  And the greys are gone! For now. Yayyy!  My salon lady recommended that I use a temporary colour in my hair instead of a permanent colour, because the temporary colour does far less damage than the harsher permanent colour.  I came home from the salon and set my hair on my soft spikes.  Tomorrow, when my hair is dry and curled, I will get a really good view of the new me.  I am so excited.

No comments: