Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year from my house to all yours!

Tomorrow I return to work.  New year, new attitude.  I am going to try to simplify my life. Sometimes I feel like I am overloaded with information.  Too much clutter, too much unnecessary email, too many phone calls.  Not enough time to be still to hear the voice of God and not enough time to reflect quietly.  So starting this weekend, I have been de-cluttering my physical surroundings.  And I have unsubscribed from all of the automatic emails that I signed up for.  So.......off to a good start.

I have now accepted that there are some sections of my hair that will never lock. There are some sections along my hairline where my hair is too sparse and too fine-textured for it to lock.  I also have this issue at the back of my hair.  Even though the hair is very dense at the back, it is forever unraveling.

As little as a week after re-tightening, my hairline starts to look fuzzy.  I have started to palm roll a few of the fuzzy locks at the front, using Jamaica Mango and Lime Locking Gel.  I hold the rolled locks in place with Scunci clips, until they dry and are set.  This really makes a difference to how tidy my hair looks.  And the rolled set stays in place for several days before unraveling again.

1 comment:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Happy new year to you! I also have some 'locs' that are just not locing.