Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Fun

Hello Fellow Bloggers!! It has been a while since I have posted anything here.  I guess nothing really interesting has been going on with my hair.  It has been growing longer. I continue to have a love-hate relationship with my grey hairs, which are mostly at the front around my hairline.  Colouring them is an uphill battle, and the process really dries out my hair.

I think you can see in this picture of my freshly washed hair, that my hair has different colours.  My natural hair colour is a medium brown, but the ends of my locks look light brown.  I'm not sure why this is.  It is certainly not due to my colouring it, as I have always used dark brown dye in an attempt to cover my greys.

By the way, my daughter got her sisterlocks installed in April.  She is loving them, and she is loving the ease with which she can now care for her hair herself.  I don't have a good picture of her hair, but she never lets it out, and completely enjoys her little pony puff hairstyle.
Until next time.  Walk good.

2 comments:

Scylla Charybdis said...

Hi,
My locs are also lighter closer to the ends. I think this is simply because the hair is older. It has been washed more, handled more, and been in the sun (and other elements) longer. I actually like this effect; it means that I don't have to use henna to enhance my hair color. (I've used henna a few times before and I really like it, but I'm not very good at rinsing it all out. It ends up staining my satin pillow case and sometimes other things I rest my head on. Ick.) Anyway, your hair looks great. I'm beginning to go gray so it's interesting to see what other loc'd women are doing about their gray. Cheers!

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Beautiful locs!