Well today was the day for my consultation. I got up earlier than usual since Curlylocks (this is N'Drea's name for her) was coming at 9am. I got the family organized with breakfast and the usual Saturday morning business, so that when she came, I would not be distracted by anything.
I really like Curlylocks. She is very sweet and down to earth. We talked about the sisterlocks process, and we talked about my hair in particular. I was worried that my hair is not long enough to start, but she wasn't worried about this at all. In fact, she said she has worked with shorter hair than mine. After a bit of talking, she got right down to it. She put in about fifteen test locks, in different sisterlocks patterns, in different sections of my head. I will keep these in for at least two weeks, then she will come back and do the full installation. She told me how to care for them when washing, by banding them up with elastics and gently washing the scalp.
When I examined the teeny little baby locks, I became a little bit apprehensive about my whole head being covered in these. I cannot quite picture it, but I am imagining that it is not going to be too cute at first. In the meantime, I will have to do some creative combing to cover them up and let them blend in with the rest of my hair until it is all fully done. Wish me luck.
4 comments:
Hey there your on your way now. Can't wait to see the finished product. By the way you will look lovely when your completely locked.
Congratulations! Can't wait to see it in two weeks! Way to go!
Sis
Welcome to the Sisterhood!!! I am really happy you have made this decision and have done so much research to ensure that your decision will be well-informed.
Do not worry unduly about what it will look like at first. Ensure you get some foxy earrings, sexy makeup and the hair will grow into its own.
I did not love mine at first and the comments from co-workers, family and friends were not always encouraging but always remember what it will ultimately look like and embrace your "natural hair".
You are gonna be even hotter than you are now...Mike better watch out...:)
yaaay u!!! u did it! :)
don't worry about the look after ur SLs r installed. they'll fill out. in fact, u should notice a difference after ur first shampoo.
i'm sooo excited for u. ur almost there!
Post a Comment