Well, I finally did it. I called Curlylocks and made an appointment for her to come and install my sisterlocks. November 28, 2008 is the big day. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. She told me that it will take two days to do my hair, so I have applied for the day off on the 28th. She will finish it up on the following day. I have already asked my DH to step in and do the school pickup on Friday and the dance class drop off on Saturday. All the logistics have been taken care of and I am ready.
As I mentioned before, she put in three sets of test locks. One set is doing much better than the other two. The set that is doing well looks neat, and is not unraveling. The other two sets look "tortured" and seem to be fighting to come undone. They don't lie down well and are unraveling like crazy. It will be interesting to see which lock pattern she will choose for my installation. I am guessing it will be the pattern that is behaving nicely.
Since the test locks were put in last weekend, I have washed my hair once. I banded up the ends of the locks with small elastic bands and washed my hair gently. I am imagining that this process is going to be tedious when I have a head full of these tiny locks. A few nights ago I put my little locks in soft spike curlers, and they looked rather cute the next day. I am clearly having fun with my hair right now and I think I am getting over my anxiety about what my short hair will look like in sisterlocks.
Just three more weeks to go!!
1 year ago
8 comments:
YAAAAAY!!! Can hardly wait to see the pics!
Yippppeeee, so excited for you I can remember waiting to exhale myself.
I am sure Curlylocks will use the pattern that is behaving, my hair was locked at 2inches of natural curly hair however I did not touch them at all, no playing with or anything.
Following my SL consultants instructions because my SL are so tiny, this is also my suggestion to you touching and fussing with them less is best...
Trust me I have had very little slippage and my babies are teeny weeny...
Good Luck, can't wait to see the pics of your installation...Remember when this short less fuss/touching is best...
Got my eyes on you...Be Blessed
Thanks Angel locs. I will take your advice.
Yes, I have to agree there has been significant change in my hair. I am loving this journey, by the way I did not shampoo my hair the 1st time and probably will not for another few months. But the clips worked well.
Keeping my eye on you as well
GOOD LUCK! I can't imagine how excited you must be. I hope you fall more in love with your hair and natural beauty..
Hi
Will you be able to wash your locks every day or twice a day without unravelling them? If not how do Sl ladies manage with the gym?
I think that once the locks have settled and are not so new and fragile, you can wash them as often as you wish. I certainly plan to do this, as I go to the gym often and Jamaica is hot. I don't want to end up with a head of smelly hair.
Congratulations,
I am so excited, you will be beautiful and free. I just had mine installed last weekend and I am so happy. Welcome home, welcome to the family. I will be waiting to see the results. Remember this is the beginning of a beautiful journey of life.
Post a Comment