Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Wash

My scalp has been itching me all week, and I have been dying to wash my hair. I am not sure why the itching started because I don't normally have problems with itching. To stop the discomfort I tried spraying my head with a 1:1 mixture of water and Infusium. This helped for the most part. But it felt like heaven to get under the shower and feel the steaming hot water on my head.

For this first wash, I chose to use Kera Care Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry and Itchy Scalp. I banded up my hair into sections with tiny rubber bands. My hair is too short to braid, but the elastics secured the ends.

For the very short locks at the back of my head, I used small snap clips to secure the ends. I got this great idea from Angel Locks.

I put the shampoo in a pointed tipped applicator bottle and diluted it with water. I squeezed shampoo at the base of each cluster of locks and massaged gently. Then I squeezed shampoo on the hair itself and gently squeezed it through each section of hair. I then rinsed and patted the hair dry with a towel.

When I pulled out the rubber bands, I wasn't too happy with how my hair looked and I thought that in the morning it would look really untidy, so I decided to set it up with perm rods for a tamer look.

I will allow my hair to air dry like this completely before removing the perm rods.

3 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Don't forget to shjow us pics of your baby locs after you remove the rods :) I'm enjoying your blog, keep it up!

Angel Locs said...

Hey CaribSun...glad to have been a source of help, those small clips work great for shampooing shorter locks.

I have been a chicken, I have yet to shampoo myself. Maybe I will take the plunge cut the cord from my consultant ...LOL and shampoo my own hair.

CaribSun said...

Angel Locs, that was such a good idea of yours to use the little snap clips. I would never have thought of that myself, and those little locks are just to short to band up with elastics. Thanks again.