Sunday, January 11, 2009

2nd Re-tightening

I got my second re-tightening yesterday. I washed my hair on Thursday in preparation for this. For the most part my locks were intact up until I washed my hair. I just had three or four loose locks. After I washed it however, I had a lot of slippage and unraveling. Perhaps I was too rough with the scrubbing. I think I am going to try washing my hair every two weeks, instead of every week. This might help with the slippage.

My head was so very sore and tender after my consultant was done. My hair is not done too tightly, I know that for sure, because she kept on asking me during the entire process. My theory is that my head has become unaccustomed to the handling that is involved in a retightening session. My head is barely touched anymore, since I no longer comb it, except with my fingers. This is the good thing about having locks. The low-maintenance is great.

I am not fond of my centre part, and I managed to train my hair (with perm rods) so that it was obscured. But after the retightening, it is very prominent again. I guess I will have to put up with it until my hair grows long enough to cover it over completely.

I did not bother to post any pictures here, because there is not much difference in how my hair looks since the last photograph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the centre part too. Can never seem to get rid of it after a retightening. Grrr!

JUST Euphoria said...

welcome to the SL family your locks are beautiful and you go girl I have never seen soft spikes used on your length of hair before, turned out really great

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha I hate that stubborn centre part too! Lady, I know how you feel, and I'm sure N'drea would know too, people with soft hair have it a bit rougher esp in the beginning, we have more slippage, and retightenings are a bit more complicated, and take longer. That's what my loctician told me, she having soft hair herself, says even at having her locks for 2 years, her retightenings can get problematic. We just have to remain motivated and know the end product is still great.