Sunday, January 25, 2009

Two Month Anniversary

This week will make two months since my locks were installed. I have had good hair days and a few bad ones, but so far my experience with sisterlocks has been mostly good. My confidence has been boosted by the many, many compliments that I continually receive from friends and strangers alike. There have been one or two nay-sayers, but I tend to ignore them, and just focus on the positive.

My hair continues to grow quite fast. What has surprised me the most, is that even though I no longer put oil on my hair, it is doing just fine without it. My hair feels moist and supple and looks quite lustrous and healthy. I thought that by not using my usual favourite products, my hair would be dry and brittle. But nothing of the sort.

I still have some very thin spots on my head, but I am hoping that as my hair grows, these thin areas will be disguised. The slippage and unraveling has decreased somewhat. I tried to space out my washings to every two weeks, but I really cannot stand to have my hair "dirty" for more than a week. So I continue to wash it once a week. I like it when my hair smells nice.

3 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

congrats on your two month anniversary, I am glad you are enjoying your journey, and you are looking very lovely I must say

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying your journey. I just cyan wait until I have my installation done and I can be happy to have reached two weeks. Your locks look great!

Anonymous said...

Your locks are looking quite gorgeous!