| View of San San Bay from our villa |
| Another view of San San Bay |
After 4 days of hot, hot sunshine, chlorine and salt water, my hair was extra dry and in dire need of pampering. This is what my hair looked like at the end of the weekend. It is also due for re-tightening. It was supposed to have been done today, but I postponed my appointment, because I am going to do the retightening class this coming weekend, so that I will be able to do my own hair.
I got a bottle of Black Castor Oil to put on my hair. This is not the stuff that you buy online, or in the beauty shop. This stuff was purchased at the farmers market, where Mrs. Farmer's wife makes this stuff at home. As we say in Jamaica "This is the real McCoy". My mom used to use it in my hair when I was a little girl, and I remember it making my hair really thick and lush. Today I was also reminded how bad this thing smells. After a few hours of walking around with it on my hair, I had to wash it out. I first shampooed my hair with my usual White Rain Shampoo. Then I decided to do an Apple Cider Vinegar/Baking Soda Rinse. Please see this link from Francesca Ramsey where she demonstrates how this is done. Dreadlocks Baking Soda Deep Clean Tutorial/Review I was a little disappointed that my hair did not have any gunk in there that I could see (Well maybe I am not that disappointed). In any case, the rinse left my hair feeling very, very straw-like. I could feel this even though my hair was still wet. I slathered on my Pantene conditioner, which I use occasionally. My hair felt moisturized again. While my hair was still damp I rubbed on a little Jamaica Mango and Lime Cactus Gro Oil, which is my current favourite. This is what it looked like at the end. Boy, I cannot wait to do my retightening on the weekend.
2 comments:
Beautiful scenery.LOL at the smelly hair oil ;-)
I love your hair, can't wait for it to reach that length
Post a Comment