Today I did my re-tightening class. It was a lot harder than I anticipated, and it took me about two hours before I got the hang of it. The trainer taught me how to use both the hook tool, and the clip tool. When I first picked up the hook tool, I felt like I had five thumbs on each hand. Awkward!!!! Anyway, after trying and trying I finally got it. The clip tool was much easier to use as it is very similar to using the Nappy Lock Tool. However, I think I prefer the hook tool. It will take quite a bit of practice before I get good with this hook tool, but I am determined to do it. The high cost of the class is a great motivator!
![]() |
| Hook tool is on the left, Clip tool is on the right |

3 comments:
Congrats on taking the class. I'm looking forward to taking the class sometime this year. Thanks for sharing how the tools look like.
Hi, I did the class yesterday as well, it took me ages to get the hang of it and I joined a few. I was only given the clip tool. How many rotations did you do on each lock
Ashanti, I did between one and three rotations, depending on how much new growth I had on each lock. I could have done more I suppose, but I prefer not to tighten them too tight. Certainly they are not as tight as when I have it done professionally. No headache!!
Post a Comment