Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Empowered

Since I learned how to re-tighten my hair on Sunday, I have been feeling mighty pleased with myself.  Each night this week I have working on small sections of hair, and doing a pretty good job so far. One thing that made the whole process easier for me, was that the trainer showed me how my hair was parted initially, when my sisterlocks were first installed.  I had just assumed that my hair was parted in four sections, two at the front and two at the back. And I could never ever find that middle part from front to the back, which was very frustrating for me.  However, it was pointed out that my hair was actually parted in five sections, two at the front and three at the back.  That was when the light bulb went off.  My AHA! moment. 

So each night I have been working on one of the five sections.  I have completed three of them, and just have two more to go.  It is a nice feeling to know that I am gaining independence from my consultant.  I will go and see her soon, just so that she can check that I have been doing OK with the re-tightening.  I did manage to knot two locks together, but with the help of my daughter, I fixed that.  The secret to preventing this from happening is to use clips to keep neighbouring locks out of the way of the lock that you are working on.

3 comments:

Locksie C said...

Well done. I really can't imagine myself ever doing my own hair. All them little locks man that must take ages!!!

CaribSun said...

Hi Locksie C. It does take time, but the task is less daunting if you break it up into small manageable portions.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congrats....as time goes on you will only get better and better!